St. Patrick’s Day is soon approaching. Get in touch with your inner leprechaun with this loom knitting leprechaun hat with braids and leprechaun top hat. These hats are super easy to make.
These hat designs are part of the many hats I’m designing for my Crafting Blessing group. We are making hats for the local children’s hospital and for local kids with hair loss from Alopecia. I think the kids will love these designs.
In these tutorials you will learn how to loom knit a girl leprechaun hat with braids and a boy top hat leprechaun on a round loom from start to finish. This size hat on the 36 peg loom will usually fit ages 2 years old – adults, depending on the length of the hat. The final length of the hats I made in this tutorial was 7.75”, which fits my 5 & 6.5 year olds perfectly. Make them longer or shorter to fit your needs. Note: depending on the yarn you are using and other variables, your length may be different. Measure the hat as you go until desired length.
You can use this pattern on any size loom with an even number of pegs. For odd numbered looms, you will have to adjust the pattern.
*KNIT STITCHES USED: Ewrap knit stitch, Purl stitch
- Loom, hook & yarn needle: 36 peg loom from this set: https://amzn.to/2MvpCma
- Loops & Threads Charisma – Black: https://amzn.to/2TYc59B
- Loops & Threads Charisma – Yellow: https://amzn.to/2EjrFr4
- 2 strands of #4 worsted weight yarn – Green: I love this Yarn! from Hobby Lobby – Jelly Bean
- 2 strands of #4 worsted weight yarn – Hair colored yarn: I love this Yarn! from Hobby Lobby – Burnt Pumpkin (for the girl hat only)
- Measuring tape: https://amzn.to/2EvV69H
- Crochet hook: https://amzn.to/2Vgr0fH (for the girl hat only)
Note: For any color you can use 2 strands of #4 worsted weight yarn or 1 strand of #5 chunky or #6 super bulky, though I have only used the #4 weight for the hair. If using a thicker yarn, you may only need to use 1 strand instead of 2 when tying on the hair to the hat, or alternate between 1 and 2 strands that you connect to the hat.
Feel free to use these patterns, but please see the following information regarding use of the patterns.
Please do not copy or distribute this pattern in any manner or claim as your own.
You may sell products made from this pattern only if you clearly credit the design to me (The Davet Homestead) and provide a link to my blog www.thedavethomestead.com. No mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind is allowed. My photos may NOT be used, you must take your own photos of your finished products for your use. Please considering making hats from this pattern and donating them to your local children’s hospital, women’s shelter, homeless shelter, etc.
Here are your FREE pdfs for you to download and the video tutorials as well. Considering making a small donation ($3 suggested – though anything is appreciated) for the downloaded pdf pattern: paypal.me/BridgetDavet.
Hope you enjoy making these patterns. Feel free to post your final projects to my Facebook page. Please subscribe to my blog to get notifications on all my upcoming projects.
Here is the video tutorial of how to make the loom knitted girl leprechaun hat with braids. Please subscribe to my channel so you can receive notifications when I upload new videos. Click here for YouTube Video.
Here are my general product recommendations:
- Another great knitting loom: https://amzn.to/2VsoILt
- 5/8” gauge loom: https://amzn.to/2GTYnRz
- Knitting Board Ergonomic Knit Hook: https://amzn.to/2AS0Wj5
- Stitch/row counter: https://amzn.to/2F6UR5t
- Needle Threader: https://amzn.to/2FJR12B
- Knitting bag: https://amzn.to/2HEoEV4
- Yarn winder (I have the Knit Picks brand): https://amzn.to/2Rub2jL
- Yarn totes: https://amzn.to/2VujkqZ
- My favorite tote: https://amzn.to/2RvUWX1
Links to other video tutorials listed in this video: