Who wouldn’t want a bunny hat with floppy ears! Hopefully the kids at the children’s hospital will love it. This hat design is part of the many hats I’m designing for my Crafting Blessing group. We are making hats for the local children’s hospital and for local kids with hair loss from Alopecia. This hat could be made as shown, or the colors can be changed up to make some really fun bunny hats.
KNIT STITCHES USED: Ewrap knit stitch, Uwrap knit stitch, Purl stitch
- Loom, hook & yarn needle: 36 peg loom from a basic loom set
- Yarn: 1 strand of #5 chunky – I would suggest using the same type of yarn for inner and outer ear colors to make the inner and outer ears the correct size in relationship to each other:
- Loops & Treads Charisma – White: https://amzn.to/2UVjM0z
- Loops & Treads Charisma – Think Pink: https://amzn.to/2TQe7ss
– For any color you can use 2 strands of #4 worsted weight yarn or 1 strand of #6 super bulky (ears will be very bulky if using a #6 yarn)
This is a easy tutorial. This size hat on the 36 peg loom will usually fit ages 2 years old – adults, depending on the length of the hat. The final length of the hat I made in this tutorial was 7.75”, which fits my 5 & 6.5 year olds perfectly. Make it longer or shorter to fit your needs. Note: depending on the yarn you are using and other variables, your length may be different. Measure the hat as you go until desired length. You can use this pattern on any size loom with an even number of pegs. For odd numbered looms, you will have to adjust the pattern. I would suggest ending each K2, P2 row with an extra P1 and each P2, K2 row with an extra K1.
Feel free to use this pattern, but please see the following information regarding use of this pattern.
Please do not copy or distribute this pattern in any manner or claim as your own.
You may sell products made from this pattern only if you clearly credit the design to me (The Davet Homestead) and provide a link to my blog www.thedavethomestead.com. No mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind is allowed. My photos may NOT be used, you must take your own photos of your finished products for your use. Please considering making hats from this pattern and donating them to your local children’s hospital, women’s shelter, homeless shelter, etc.
Here is a FREE pdf for you to download and the video tutorial as well. Considering making a small donation ($3 suggested – though anything is appreciated) for the downloaded pdf pattern: paypal.me/BridgetDavet.
Hope you enjoy making this pattern. Feel free to post your final projects to my Facebook page. Please subscribe to my blog to get notifications on all my upcoming projects.
Here are my general product recommendations:
- Another great knitting loom: https://amzn.to/2VsoILt
- 5/8” gauge loom: https://amzn.to/2GTYnRz
- Knitting Board Ergonomic Knit Hook: https://amzn.to/2AS0Wj5
- Stitch/row counter: https://amzn.to/2F6UR5t
- Needle Threader: https://amzn.to/2FJR12B
- Knitting bag: https://amzn.to/2HEoEV4
- Yarn winder (I have the Knit Picks brand): https://amzn.to/2Rub2jL
- Yarn totes: https://amzn.to/2VujkqZ
- My favorite tote: https://amzn.to/2RvUWX1
Links to other video tutorials listed in this video: